Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Piriformis Syndrome

I think I have Piriformis Syndrome now. My on-going struggle with leg/back pain is interesting. Switching from left to right leg, sometimes numb from hip to foot, pelvic pain, it's crazy, and has been going on for months. Now though my left leg seems really good, and the worst pain yet - excruciating - is in my right butt shooting down to my knee.

I've been doing some research and decided to try some self-therapy. There are tons of videos out there on piriformis stretching etc., this one seems good to me (no neck involvement, stretches both sides, includes self-massage and ends with ice). I've only done the regimen described here once, but i feel relief already. Will try this 2-3 times a day and see how it goes.


1 comment:

  1. Piriformis! that little muscle can cause a whole lot of pain as I recall from my anatomy classes. Hope you're self healing works!

    ReplyDelete