Sunday, July 15, 2012

splendour of mine own

Summer Splendour is completed!

This pattern was quite easy, the result satisfying. Blocking is magic. I'm giving this to a colleague at work, and beginning another right away in ecru for my mom. Definitely feel close to my mom and grandma doing thread crochet. I was never interested in doilies, except I disdained them when dusting the house as a kid. I remember them sitting together with their magazines, they had the language barrier and the patterns were in different styles (English text based vs. Japanese chart), but they were so good they just looked at their work in progress to figure it out. I realize now what that connection meant to them, having now this feeling of addiction to it, hands cramped up but must finish a row...

 

1 comment: