Monday, August 5, 2013

Japan Round-Up #1 - Videos

Going through my phone gallery, lots of little moments that didn't get posted. So here we go.

Election TV Spots

Candidates are given a fixed time slot to give a speech stating their campaign platforms, filmed in a neutral boring stage set-up. I usually changed the channel when these frequently aired, opting for old anime (Doraemon, Pokemon, Sponge Bob). But sometimes we left the channel going, waiting for Sumo or some other program to follow. Some politicians seemed cool, memorized polished speeches, some very nervous never looking up from the paper. Below, this first guy really grabbed my attention; what a striking delivery! The second is for comparison.

 

Narita Express

On the way to the airport from Yokohama, around 2pm. Somewhere near the Tokyo stop, like Shinagawa and Chiba. Funny how quickly I forget, as I distinctly remembered to remember when I took the videos. Doesn't capture the beautiful little valleys with rice and farms, which was what I was looking for. Slice of life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment