Wednesday, August 28, 2013

misc. food

Summer is winding down, tomatoes and corn are full-on, lots of produce piling up. Delicious.

 

The "corn garage" is what I call this place. Seasonal produce sold, brought in daily, the corn, melons and peaches here are great.
Had to text this to R, forgot the list on the counter.
My new mug from J&R, Kitt Peak Observatory. It is perfect, the strainer fits nicely and it has the low center of gravity stability I prefer.
Some of today's CSA delivery.
As good as it gets. With some nice fancy-assed salt.

 

2 comments:

  1. That picture of the sliced tomatoes is making my mouth water and we had tomato sandwiches for dinner! Have you tried the Balinese salt yet? I just opened our and the crystals really are shaped like pyramids. seems extra crunchy and I like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We opened the bag and checked it out, taste test. They do look very cool. I will look for an opportunity to feature the salt in a dinner soon. I hope we get some more big heirloom tomatoes tomorrow.

      Delete