Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday Stuff

After three weeks of fairly warm allergen heavy weather, then a sudden cold spell, it is perfectly gorgeous here today. My first unfettered weekend in a month, no work no travels. Feels so good to relax.

I'm on a search for a new swimsuit, been researching online and talking to barkmore. Found a nice outdoor gear store close by yesterday while driving home from work, avoiding traffic jams. Stopped by today, they should be getting board shorts in the next month, but I did try on a pair of Patagonia shorts for sizing. Women's 6 is too big. Guess I'll try the mall sporting goods store next.

Naturally Outdoors

I highly recommend this brand of dumplings to Mr. Sha! Heat your ramen water, add some of these frozen baby dumplings, boil 1 minute, add ramen, boil to loosen dry noodles, take off heat and let stand until cool enough to eat and noodles are soft. Add shoyu etc. Sugoi! Oishi! Like vietnamese wonton soup with egg noodles.

Seeing as that I won't be getting any peeps this year (and never again according to B, at least until I eat the stale ones in my room), I thought I'd share this photo for Easter. This was taken the last time I was home, at Fred's...

4 comments:

  1. Wish you were here! I'd buy you all those peeps if you were here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I didn't know that people really ate peeps, until I started seeing them on the bar at my folks place. My stepdad is a peep eater. I tried one. It was strangely appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peep eaters! I bought swim gear, awaiting delivery. From Swimoutlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw an article where someone used a brûlée torch to a plate of peeps, carmelized the surface a bit. Looked tasty.

    ReplyDelete