Saturday, February 7, 2015

AXN Mystery

AXN Mystery is a digital cable channel we watch most days here. They play a lot of international mystery crime series, heavy on the BBC. We're in the middle of Foyle's War, and although I don't really often watch TV at home, I have to say just the sight of these main three characters warms my heart. You know that point when you regularly watch a show and get really engaged, attached. Weekdays at 10 am, we plan our days around it!

 

I also really like Vera, we saw the first two seasons. Suchet's Poirot plays often, and today a Joan Hickson Miss Marple marathon. We watch a lot of TV! It's kinda cool, and we certainly enjoy it.

 

I did have some trouble yesterday though, stomaching a marathon of all four Airport movies. Mom liked it mostly I think for the huge cast of stellar stars of old. Helen Hayes was the highlight of the first one, a sliver of levity in an otherwise torture of suspense and life threatening tension. The 2nd one, Airport '75, was the only one I had actually previously seen. Karen Black stars, and seeing her in her 70's prime brings back memories of my childhood. Remember her in Burnt Offerings? Scary! The highlight of the movie though was Helen Reddy singing her song. By the time movies three and four came up I found myself less stressed about watching disasters, but I was also paying far less attention!

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I forgot that Linda Blair was in that. Remember Karen black in trilogy if terror. I could never watch those dang doll or dummy movies again.

    ReplyDelete