Sunday, May 17, 2009

music is good medicine

Sherry and I got out and did a bunch of super nice things today, which I'll try to add here tomorrow. Tonight we were able to get tickets at the door to see Jake Shimabukuro at UH Hilo, a benefit concert for the local YMCA. Jake was outstanding as expected! We also saw a young cover band called Hiway, they ended their set with EWaF's September and Play That Funky Music! I couldn't help but think of another cover band dear to my heart, the Virtual Backlash. Whatever happened to them, anyway?

3 comments:

  1. Virtual Backlash is taking a little break. Apparently the lead guitarist needed some space after some intense and endless time on the road doing a project with the rhythm guy. Rumor has it she's holed up somewhere in the Pacific (according to Spin magazine) working on some mysterious new instrument.

    ReplyDelete
  2. speaking of endless road time -- did you see Jake's schedule out thru March of 2010! He must be a touring machine. Can't wait to hear more about the show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Road goes ever on and on
    Down from the door where it began.
    Now far ahead the Road has gone,
    And I must follow, if I can,
    Pursuing it with eager feet,
    Until it joins some larger way
    Where many paths and errands meet.
    And whither then? I cannot say.

    JRRT:LoTR

    ReplyDelete